Sunday, November 4, 2012

Halloween Fun!

Halloween seems to grow in activity each year.  It is not the simple holiday I once thought it to be!  We had parties, crafts, dressing up, more parties, yummy food, and more dressing up!  I think I dressed up more this year then ever. 
 
The girls played in a Monster Concert the weekend before Halloween.  Very fun and creative.  But as a piano teacher, I also had to dress up.  All teachers were witches.  Does that tell you what the kids think of us??!!  It was a lot of fun and the kids played great :)
 
These are their monster concert costumes.
 
 
Then on Monday we had our annual Andrus Family Halloween Party.  Everybody dresses up for this - even Oma dressed up!  We all bring Halloween treats, eat dinner, play games and go through Grandpa's Spook Alley in his barn.  It gets a little crazy and I only take pics at the beginning.  Just know, it is a fun night :)
 
 
 



 
 

 
 



 

Casey is Red Green.  If you have seen the show you know it fits him.  For people who haven't seen the show, he got asked if he was a farmer or a hill-billie.
 


 
As for me, no one knew who I was unless I stood by Lillian and sang the "Mother-knows-best!" song.  That's right, I was Mother Gothel.  I figured I hang out with Lillian a lot anyway, so our costumes went together.
 
 My Oma and My Dad.  For as long as I can remember my Dad has always dressed up.  He dresses up for work on Halloween day and as kids he used to come into our classrooms at school on Halloween, all dressed up, an give us a rose, just to totally embarrass us! 
 



 
 

 Some of the cousins in their costumes
 
After Monday's party came the school parties where again, the moms dressed like witches to do the parties.  Some of the classes couldn't dress up, but that didn't stop us moms!  Then on Halloween we went trick-or-treating at my Dad's office earlier in the afternoon, and had a trunk-or-treat at the church that night.  At the church they had a pumpkin carving contest where you brought a carved pumpkin and they were judged and some received awards.  Well, Emily's pumpkin won an award for the Scariest Pumpkin!  She was so excited.
 
 
Emily's is the one with the knife through the pumpkin's head.  Who knew she had a scary dark side to her??
 
 
It was a good Halloween and we had some NICE weather (considering we had snow on the ground for a couple days last week!).  Now on to the rest of the Holiday Season ! !
 
 

No comments: