Friday, May 18, 2012

Lost and Found

Recently I have lost a few precious items in my life.  Number one, my camera! 

I LOVE taking pictures.  I LOVE editing pictures.  And I LOVE having cute videos of my kids.  All things I can't do without my camera :( 

Kailey had a Robotics Competition I went to. . . with my camera.  I have no idea why it didn't make it back into my purse, but it didn't.  I called the school immediately when I figured out I was missing it.  They were great in helping me, but. . . no camera.  Luckily it wasn't a really nice expensive one, but was the only one I have.  So, besides the great pics I took that day of Kailey and her friends, I am missing so many opportunities for picture taking as life continues to go on!!  It is driving me crazy.

I think not having my camera has made me notice those moments more, because I can't capture them. 

I have been saving for a while now for a really nice camera.  Cross my fingers and in a few months, maybe.. . . . My next dream is a photography class or a really nice friend to show me some tricks;)

I also lost my CELL PHONE!!!!   So frustrating!  I went to Lagoon with my girls and had a fabulous time.  I found that Ashlyn is my thrill seeker (I know! of all my girls who would have thought??) And Emily is my screamer.  And Kailey was my "responsible person" that had to ride with Emily or Ashlyn because they were too short :)

Anyway... on the 2nd to last ride of the day - Wicked - I thought I had my cell phone secure, but apparently I did not.  As I was screaming and closing my eyes, it dropped out somewhere.  I talked to Lagoon before I left and left my information (cause apparently they are used to this happening alot) but so far, nothing found :(

While we were in  line for the ride, someone was checking every ones height.  She caught Emily and said, "you will need a booster, stand in this line."  So we went where she told us and Emily's face said it all. . . She was annoyed!  They didn't tell Ashlyn she needed a booster, just Emily.  Emily was so mad, "but we are the same height!" She said.  That was the last time I texted Casey.  To tell him how annoyed his daughter was.  And as a responsible mom, I made Ash get a booster too :)

As for my screaming part, yes I was a little scared, and somewhere in the middle of the ride, Emily leans over and says "This isn't so bad mom!"  Ya, totally agree Emily.  Just keep those eyes shut ;)

So now I am cell phone and camera deprived.  I agree with my husband that I must go without for a little bit before just going out and buying 2 expensive items.  I am treating myself like I would one of my kids I guess.  But I am really missing what I used to have!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Sorry, Kristy! I would go CRAZY!! I've let friends borrow my lenses at times and I feel like a piece of me is missing while they are gone. And that's not even my camera! But hey- when you get a nicer camera (hopefully a DSLR?), don't take a beginner class. I will teach you:) Not that I know everything, but I've learned a ton over my 2 years of study. So let me know if you want any pointers.

Kristy said...

Thanks Christina!! I would love that. Yes...a DSLR is coming...just waiting a bit longer :)