School started again on Monday this week. These girls were very excited and ready to head back. I wasn't sure if I was ready or not. Yes I was ready for less children at home (in hopes I could accomplish a clean house again), but I am also loosing all my helpers to school! Now it is just Lillian and James and I. I was a little sad the night before. . . or just nervous to spend all day with my monster boy . . . I am not sure which ;) , but I was great the morning of, sending them off with a smile!
Kailey with all her 4th grade attitude! Okay, really, Kailey doesn't come with attitude. What you see is about all she ever gives me. (I am not complaining!)
Emily, my fashion queen and social bug. Usually will come home and tell me what people wore that day for school;) She also loves using the microwave in the lunchroom, because it's "cool" She is in second grade this year and so excited!
Ashlyn is my tall 1st grader (that is if you can call anyone in our family "tall"). Emily's teacher thought Ash was in her class at Meet the Teacher Night and most people at this point can't tell who is older because of the height issue. Oh well, Ash loves it and Emily is getting used to it:)
Emily said my favorite quote for this week. She was upset with her sister Ashlyn. Earlier Ash had tried to help Emily when she fell off her bike (I know! terrible!). Emily pretty much growled at her. Once inside, they started getting ready for bed and from upstairs I heard Emily saying "I hate you! Go away!" I decided I needed to find out if there was mores going on. So I sat with Emily on her bed and asked why she was so upset with Ashlyn? She preceded to tell me, with arms dramatically folded across her chest, complete with a grumpy/annoyed face:
"She just thinks she has to be so nice to everyone. Some people don't want her to be nice!"
I just smiled and said, "that's it?" Darn that Ashlyn! Why does she have to be so nice?!
You've got to love girls and all the drama that comes with them. Love It!
2 comments:
adorable girls! i love that story about emily and ashlyn. i remember feeling that same way about my sister. (;
They all look fabulous! And I love the look of you blog these days!!
Post a Comment