Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A long time coming...

I have waited for a long time for a really nice camera.  I have saved and saved and now, finally, I was able to purchase my camera I have been eying for a while now.  I got a Canon Rebel T3i.  It totally felt like Christmas when I picked it up....I was so excited!  And I have not been disappointed.  It is so nice compared to what I have been using!  I have a lot to learn, but I have been playing around with it and trying to get to know all I can.

(My first willing subject)

----------------

What's been going on around here?  A whole lot of summer.  Popsicles by the dozen, muddy feet daily, sun kissed cheeks, and baseball. 

Our field was being watered last week and the kids had a blast playing in it.  They call it "Mickelsen Lake."  Probably totally gross, but they were having so much fun.


Kailey also had her end of the year Ballet Recital.  I love watching her dance.  I know I have said that a million times, but I do!  She does really well with ballet and loves to perform.



Casey is not a fan of all the stage make up, but she is still adorable!  Great Job Kailey!

2 comments:

Elise said...

YaY!!! You will do great things with that camera kristy! Kailey looks STUNNING in that picture it almost made me cry! ♥♥♥

Christina said...

Wahoo!! Congrats!! Let me know if you want me to teach you a few things so you can shoot in manual. It's so fun!! Beautiful pic of a beautiful little girl.