For a little bit now, my life has felt quite busy. Especially during the week. Nothing is on my schedule that can be replaced or let go of and I will admit that there has been times I have just wished for some quality "me" time.
However, this week I have realized that I wouldn't give up anything in my schedule, even if I could. Everything that is taking up my time right now involves one or more of my children. Even teaching piano and clogging involves my kids as well as my Sunday calling. During the week I have volunteered at the school in each of my kids classes and am now seeing the rewards.
It has taken me a while to not take all of this for granted. But I love the rewards I am receiving. Right now my kids LOVE having me around. How long is that going to last? At school I get to be known as "Emily's mom!" or Kailey's or Ashlyn's. Is there a better name? I get to watch first hand my children learn to play the piano and learn to dance and I get to be involved with them and their friends. And when I am gone for a night with my sister, my two little ones miss me. Lilly even woke up when I got in late and had to have a little mommy time:) I was exhausted the next day but wouldn't change any of it!
Life is busy . . . but it is filled with the best stuff!
James, ruff ruff, doggie, sparkles, and Lilli =)
2 comments:
You have such a great attitude Kristy, I should be more like you!
I love ashlyns cake, what a cute idea! How did the girls do at festival?
You are the perfect example of my YW lesson last week! It was about appreciating our divine callings, and your post was exactly how i am feeling too! We may be busy, but its for the right reasons! Keep it up!
Post a Comment