Friday, July 29, 2011

The July Curse

Since the first week and July (and still counting..) we have been cursed with the sick bug.  With 5 kids, it is easy to see how everyone might all catch the same bug.  But this is not the case.  No, everybody has taken their turn being sick, but each with something different.  The pharmacist and me are now on a first name basis.  I walk up to the counter and just smile, "it's me again."  And the receptionist at the pediatrician is totally rooting for me.  She is not surprised to see me anymore, just hoping for me to come out and say, "Just kidding! We are all fine this time!"  But, that hasn't happened yet.

Let's see...it all started with Lilli, and Pink Eye....the worst the Dr's had seen....way to go Lilli!
(She does have food on her face in the picture, but nothing in those cheeks...those are just swolen)
I thought she had an allergic reaction to something...but no, that would be pink eye.

Then we went on to Kailey with pneumonia, Ashlyn with a croupy cough, back to Kailey with a high fever (nothing else, just thought she'd have a fever for a few days).  Then it caught up with me with reactive bronchitis (lots of coughing).  My kids thought it was weird that mom actually could get sick.  Unfortunately for me, my sickness did not involve laying around all day on the couch with a movie on (but that would have been nice!).  Now we are finishing off the moth with both James...ear infection...and Emily....bladder infection, sore throat, and just about everything else.

Aaaaahhhh....I think that's all!  Casey....yea, he is good.  Or maybe, since we technically have 2 more days in the month, he will come down with something tonight!

Good bye July....

5 comments:

lindsy said...

Oh man! Isn't that so true though that mom's just don't get to be sick, even when they are. Hopefully you've had your sicknesses for the year and won't get them again for quite some time!

Peterson Family said...

UMMMM....Yea I totally had Pink eye too while I was at girls camp. I was the camp director, feeling so horrible I could hardly stand it!! I had it in both eyes and for 1 1/2 days I had both eyes swollen shut! Good Times I tell ya. Your poor family!!

becky ward said...

sorry kristy! that doesn't sounds fun at all. and i can't believe that pink man! man! hope august is better for you.

Christina said...

Wow! What a crappy month!! I'm so sorry! May August bring happier days:)!!

Blake said...

Glad we only hung out together for an hour. Can you imagine the germs you could've passed on to us? It was a great visit, wish we were closer to see more of you.