Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Projects

I asked each of my kids what they wanted to accomplish over the summer.  They all had different ideas...very creative.  One of Emily's was to learn to sew a pair of shorts.  I was thrilled that she wanted to learn:)  I think every kid needs to know at least the basics of sewing.  When you are trying to be self reliant, it comes in really handy!

So  we made a trip to JoAnns and Emily picked out her favorite material.  Then we laid out the pattern and she did all the cutting.
 She was so proud of herself!  She actually did a nice job to :)


Then after a short sewing machine lesson....she did the sewing also. 

All I had to do was help her with the elastic in the waist and she was off and running in her new shorts. (Probably why I don't have an after shot....that and James was probably feeling a lack of attention by then.)  But they turned out very cute!

1 comment:

Elise said...

Great job em! and great job mom for letting her do her thing! you are so awesome! I hope when I grow up that I can be as good a mom as you are. :)