Whew!! What a crazy week! I wasn't kidding when I said this would be my first "official" week with 5 kids and not being pampered (no meals or babysitting, ect.). We had a busy week with a piano recital on Saturday and practices all week long. BUT, a busy week was not enough...no, we had to add sickness on top of it all.
Each of my kids took their turns having a 24 hour flu bug...even Casey took his turn. Then Kailey, Emily and Casey wanted to be sick again so Kailey had a horrible cold with sinus issues, Emily went through the flu for a second time, and Casey came down with strep throat! Now imagine a house of sick people and me with a newborn....we had several isolation rooms going on!! But it all worked out. Every one is healthy today and myself and baby never got sick -- wahoo!
There were a few classic moments to remember.... Like Ashlyn running from the family room to the bathroom to throw up, she totally made it there just in time to let loose all over the floor just in front of the toilet because the lid was down.....Or there was Emily letting hers go all over the carpet in front of the bathroom door because mom (who was nursing a baby) hadn't come yet....Or Kailey who single handedly went through 2 boxes of Kleenex and left her piles of used ones on the couch.....And then there was me, who was left to sleep on the couch (my choice) because 1. Casey had strep, and 2. He was snoring so loud due to stuffy nose that it made it hard to get those precious hours of sleep.
Now I feel official. I am a mother of 5 and one husband (ha,ha!). And if I can make it through all that, then bring it on!!
4 comments:
Oh Kristy! You ARE superwomen. No meals? Or pampering? You are one tough mama!! I wish I lived closer to bring a meal or two in! You deserve it after a week like this!:)
Oh my goodness! If you can make it through all that and nursing at the same time =) You are amazing!
WOW!! And I'm getting scared to have two!! Hope next week is a little more mild!! Glad to hear that you and sweet little boy didn't get sick!!!
I always knew you had it in you. You really didn't have to prove it. I whine when one kid is sick. Way to go.
Post a Comment