It's birthday time again for my spunky, cute, active girl. Emily turned 11 years old and is already counting down the days till she is 12 and can enter young womens and go to the temple. But for now she is 11 and I will slow down time as much as possible!
Emily is a Type 3, push-forward, get-things-done kind of girl. She is active and organized and very talkative. I love all these things about her! She has a secondary type 1 energy that keeps her happy and fun to be with. She adds a lot to our family and keeps things interesting!
Sadly, Emily is probably the one child I get after the most. And really, she is probably the most like me! I think I see in her my own weaknesses at times, and I just want to fix them for her so she wont' have to deal with them like I have :) But I guess it doesn't work that way. I am working on just being there for her with an understanding ear, cause like me, she will want to work through things on her own and in her own way. Love that about her, and I also struggle with that. :)
Emily loves gymnastics right now and is really doing great at it! I love to watch her tumbling around each week at practice. She learns well and quickly and pushes her self to succeed.
Emily is a great friend to others and is always surrounded by friends. She has a personality that attracts people and then she is a great example and friend. She has surrounded herself by amazing friends that build her up and strengthen her.
Emily's testimony of the gospel is amazing! She learns so quickly and is also quick to forgive. I absolutely love this about her!! She is quick when it comes to answering questions and she can really easily liken the scriptures to her and her life.
Simply stated, she is a blessing in our family and so much fun to be around. I can tell that the Lord has plans for this girl. She is preparing herself and is a force for good in the world, and I am proud to be her mom.




No comments:
Post a Comment