After about a month, he decided he was bored of life in the shed and began visiting us up by the house. He'd walk along side of me while I mowed the lawn. He'd hang out by the kids as they played in the yard. Then he began to sleep up by the house. He started by sleeping on the picnic table in the back. That lasted one night. We found out then that roosters poop ALOT at night.
Then he decided to move to the front of the house on my railing, right by the front door. That night I laughed, "oh funny little rooster!" Then I woke up at 5 am to his crowing....not funny rooster. He must of liked that spot because he stayed there from then on.
He moved into the front window for a couple of mornings. He continued crowing at 5:00am. When the girls would wake at 6:00, he'd crow some more. We held family scripture study in the family room with Tractor in the window, like he was one of the family. And every day we'd have to clean up his poop. Tractor was funny to some, but was becoming an annoyance to us. We were all tired of his crowing and the poop.
A couple of mornings I tried to get him to "go home" to the shed. I would be up early, trying to get some studying done, and Tractor would be crowing. I would run out the front door with a broom and chase him away. He would never go very far, as if he was saying "what's your problem?!" A couple mornings I even sprayed him with water....cold water. But he was always there. James and I came home from a walk one day and saw his poop on the porch and James said, "Ewe Tractor! that's gross! We need to shoot you and have chicken on the bone!"
Finally some one on Craigslist decided to come and take Tractor away. Finally! It was a nice man who wanted to take Tractor to a chicken farm. He even wanted to keep his name Tractor. He told me he would put that name on his "adoption papers." Long live Tractor the Rooster.
1 comment:
Funny little rooster, I love that he followed you around while you mowed! Can't say that I blame you for wanting to get rid of him though!
Post a Comment