Okay, life is going by so quickly that I feel like one day I am a mother of 3 little toddlers and then I woke up and I am a mother of 5 self efficient kids! Wow. And as I look back over the years I see the growth in both my children and myself.
It probably started clear back in High school, my senior year, when I first started feeling restless inside. I was ready to break through and explore the world and become truly me! My poor roommates in college probably had more to deal with then I thought at the time as I explored who I really was :) Luckily, Casey came along and decided I was good enough to take along with him through life. He was able to see the me I was searching for.
After 2 years of marriage and 4 years of college I became a mother. I moved to Nampa, Idaho, and the years of the most growth in me started. I didn't realize it at the time but that place and those who surrounded me shaped me into who I needed to be. Those people will never know the impact they had, and still do as I look back. It was there that I learned what kind of mother I wanted to be; what kind of wife I wanted to be; and what kind of person I wanted to be. I no longer worried about being someone else or doing things the way others did. I finally found me. I will always cherish though days with my children so young. Playing at the park with friends, nap time and story time, the playgroups and the quiet times.
Then, with my oldest in 1st grade, we decided to make the move to Idaho falls. It was supposed to be great! I would living by family! But I struggled. I didn't want to leave. And I fell back into being someone I was not. Just not true to myself. After a few years, another baby, a new house, and a few different church callings, I finally found myself again. Being true to myself around family and old friends.
Now I look around and my children are growing up. My first grader is now a sixth grader. with four kids in school I only have one home! Life has evolved! No more diapers. No more toddler beds. Independent kids who I can leave home as babysitters! Wow. Now I am doing things for me. School, and a job? its crazy to think about how time goes by so quickly and how everything changes with it.
I love my family. I am proud of who we are. I love to see the changes that have come over the years. I love to see the growth and learning. But it is still hard to watch others in the stages I have passed. I guess I can only hope for more learning and growth to come in the next 10 years. If only I could hold my children back a little and slow down their growing up! Each stage is fun. I have evolved into a new stage of life, and I am learning as I go.
1 comment:
Kristy! Thanks for this :) I was one of those lucky roommates and the only thing I remember was the smile you always had on and how you always said your legs felt like jello after clogging tryouts :) You are one of those moms that I look up to and hope I can become. You have a beautiful family!!
Post a Comment