Easter was actually a lot of fun this year and very much low stress! I am totally on board to simplifying our life. I love holidays and crafts and all things "cutesy." But I have felt stress as each holiday approaches with the anticipation of what is expected. I have felt the need to live up to the "pintrest world." You know what I am talking about..... Food that matches each holiday, presents, candy, fun games, fabulous decorations, ect. I love all these things, but I am a believer that if each and every holiday is BIG, then none of them will be.
Saturday morning we went to my mom's house for our Easter Breakfast. The food was great! But even better was the adult egg hunt. My dad hid an egg for each couple and put $$ in each one. Ranging from $1 to $20. Although Casey and I were the last to find an egg, we got the $20.00!!! Crazy that even as adults, finding eggs is so much fun :) Then the kids all decorated Easter eggs.
This year I refused to buy the "Easter dress" for each of my girls. Not because I have something against it, but because they simple did not need another dress! And with 4 girls and 4 dresses it tends to get pricey! This year we did rain boot, or "mud boots" as we call them, instead. They were fun, cute and we needed them!! The girls and James have had fun wearing them all over out side.
(The boots came in hands Easter morning while finding the eggs outside :)
I love this picture-jammies, bed hair, and easter eggs!)
Also, the Easter Bunny kept the baskets simple and the candy simple also. I mean really, it is not Halloween! And the kids still had just as much fun finding the eggs and their hidden baskets. It was great:) The Easter bunny came to our house Sunday morning. He hides their baskets really good, and each kid has a "name egg" that is bigger then the others and it carries money instead of treats. It is always the best watching them find those two things :)
(Once James found his basket, he didn't let it go!)
Then on Sunday night we go to Grandma's for a big Easter egg hunt with the cousins. The older cousins hide the eggs and the younger ones found them. James would not pick up any purple eggs, only orange and blue. This caused a problem earlier in the day when his name egg was green. He didn't want it. He wanted a blue one.
IT was a good day :) Love the holidays!
2 comments:
I love their mud boots! fun.
I am such a low key Holiday-celebrator. I certainly NEVER try to over do it. I think some people get a little too over board. I guess it makes it easy that way! Keep the kids expectations nice and LOW! I must just be lazy! :)
Post a Comment