Saturday, September 25, 2010

Memory Lane

Friday was the Anniversary of our 1st date and the date we got engaged. (Aaahhh..)
So we decided to take a drive to that same place where it all happened and take our kids along. We then drove through Rexburg to the holy grounds of BYU-I (known as Ricks to us old people) to look at our old apartments and all that stuff. Then we ended up at Big Juds (a hamburger joint) where the first date happened.
It was fun to take your self back to all those memories. But our night was quite different then it was 11 years ago!
  • "Are we there yet?"
  • "We could have driven to Grandma Mickelsen's by now!"
  • "I am sooooooo hungry."
  • "She's licking me!!!"
  • "Why are we here?"
  • "I need to go potty." (we have already been 3 times!)
  • "tell her to stop singing!"

I could go on, but I think you get the point. I LOVE my kids. But Casey and I had to ask ourselves if 11 years ago we could have seen into the future with us and our kids there, driving our minivan full of girls and James :) would we have still go out on a second date?!

Of course.. the answer was yes. I had to smile at the college girls there who kept looking at our kids and saying, "oh, so cute." I was in their shoes once! Watch out!!

4 comments:

Peterson Family said...

Ohh I love it!! What a good idea!Kyle asked me that we went to the Oakley Rodeo this summer,if I could have imagined 6 years ago that we would be driving up together with two little boys in the back seat? Love memory Lane!!!

Liz said...

So funny!

Elise said...

So cute and so funny at the same time!

jason and michelle clarke said...

Fun memories!!